Location: Open to Canada (remote position)
Employment type: Contract (14-month parental leave replacement)
Our client is a national non-profit professional organization seeking a talented Content Marketing Manager who will be responsible for connecting entrepreneurs and employees to the international business knowledge and professional certification needed to learn how to grow their business with confidence anywhere in the world. He/she will plan, implement, monitor and report on content strategy, as well as create engaging content and consistently testing-and-learning, to move the organization forward within social media, blog, webinar and video channels.
What you will do:
- Lead the development and execution of the organization's content marketing strategy with support from the marketing team.
- Ensure a diversified and effective channel mix via the creation and measurement of content for social media, videos, blog and virtual events (webinars, lives etc.).
- Lead content strategy, generation, and distribution efforts with the support of the marketing team, to achieve the organization’s digital marketing plan goals.
- Own and update an ongoing editorial content plan and calendar for social media and the blog.
- Develop content marketing campaigns and associated briefs.
- Measure, report back and supply insights for content initiatives.
- Contribute to company growth through marketing partnership network expansion.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to better understand the annual marketing plan, existing blog and social media content and marketing partnerships.
- Fuel strategic decisions through the understanding of weekly and monthly reporting.
- Become familiar with the ecosystem of international business.
- Get to know the product suite and communicate the value proposition through messaging that connects and engages with our audience.
- Author SEO optimized marketing content for the blog (internally and with the support of freelancers and volunteers etc.).
- Write, design, schedule and optimize weekly content for paid and organic social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Create retargeting campaigns that are memorable, engaging and personalized for customers based on where they are at in their buying journey.
- Develop, edit, and publish video content (internally and/or with the support of vendors and software).
- Plan and execute virtual events.
- Create engaging copy for website pages.
- Perform social media and blog content audits monthly.
- Analyse existing paid social media advertising spend and performance to provide insights and make recommendations.
- Set, manage, and monitor campaign budgets and report back on results.
- Develop, execute, and optimize campaign strategies to achieve our goals for each campaign/product.
- Communicate regularly with internal team on timelines and results.
- Ensure online marketing efforts have the highest possible return on investment.
The qualifications you will need:
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, writing or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of professional writing, blogging, editing and social media (organic and paid) community management experience.
- Must have demonstrated success in planning and executing paid social media campaigns.
- 3+ years of content strategy development.
- Experience writing about global business, careers and/or education- related topics.
- Virtual events experience (webinars, lives etc.).
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO for content optimization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, customers, partners, vendors, and agencies.
- Handle multiple long-term projects at once with emphasis on achieving deadlines.
- Familiarity with structured content management systems (CMS).
- Editing and proofreading skills. Ability to produce copy under tight deadlines.
- Team, people and communication skills with focus, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Experience and flexibility in handling multiple activities and coping with a demanding workload.
- Google Analytics, WordPress, and Drupal experience.
- Working knowledge of various webinar software.
- Graphic design ability is an asset.
- Creation and editing of social video content is an asset.
- Experience working within either an association, education, or start-up environment in a marketing role is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and French. (French is an asset but not required).
We thank you for your interest. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.