We invite applicants to submit their resume to be considered for our candidate bench of Visual Design associates (contractors, freelancers, etc.).
We are seeking individuals who want to use their creative skills in the delivery of design solutions for a number of digital services, products and features. These individuals will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that delivers innovative and high crafted experiences to customers; working collaboratively with other Visual Designers, Interaction Designers, Design Researchers, Solutions Architects and Developers.
Our clients love to try new ideas, always looks for innovative approaches, and are relentless in their pursuit for exceptional design. You must have worked across the entire design process from concept, have practical experience using design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC, Principle, Zeplin, InVision / proto.io) and be fluent in craft fundamentals (i.e. layout, visual hierarchy, colour, typography and iconography). Ability to apply practical experience using a variety of methods to convey ideas, and know what format is appropriate to audience (sketches, storyboards, mock-ups, animations and interactive prototypes).
Details: Contract positions (long term, short term and temp-to-hire), up to and including anticipated 40 hours/week)
Location: Anywhere in North America (key cities include Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Seattle, Toronto, Canada, London, UK, but open to all locations)
A day in the life of a VentureWeb Visual Designer:
- You will work collaboratively with inter-disciplinary teams to develop crafted customer experiences.
- You will apply conceptual thinking whilst bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities.
- Communicate design rationale and approach, and how it relates to research findings, brand requirements and user needs.
- Create light weight specifications and style guides to supplement designs/prototypes for delivery teams. Work collaboratively with on-site and off-site teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented to standard.
- Develop visual approaches through storyboards, mock-ups, iconography and style-guides.
- Define art direction through mood boards, representing approaches for imagery and iconography. Produce animations to demonstrate interactions.
- You will be responsible for giving data meaning through information visualisation and participate in and contribute to design critiques and post project reviews.
- Additionally, you will design for mobile, tablet and desktop, including responsive websites using mobile first design techniques.
What our clients look for in a candidate:
- Someone with 2-7+ years industry experience designing user interfaces for consumer products and experiences that exist in the real world.
- Ability to work across the entire design process from concept, to defining the fine details of user interaction components, through to supporting delivery.
- Practical experience using design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC, Principle, Zeplin, InVision / proto.io).
- Fluent in craft fundamentals (i.e. layout, visual hierarchy, colour, typography and iconography).
- Practical experience using a variety of methods to convey ideas, and know what format is appropriate to audience (sketches, storyboards, mock-ups, animations and interactive prototypes).
- Knowledge of web-based technologies, and their impact on the feasibility of design.
- Contribute to and on occasion facilitate creative and stakeholder workshops.
- Collaborate and support Research team in usability testing. Are accountable for the design craft, consistency and suitability (including accessibility) of the experience you work on.
- Summarise creative output by inputting digital brand guidelines for new and established Kingfisher brands.
- Support Lead/Product Owner, inputting to scope/scale and timings of work.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork, by sharing new technologies and industry design trends.
- Be a voice and champion for Visual Design best practice, encourage the product teams to try new approaches and ways of doing things.
- Experience working in an Agile multidisciplinary delivery team.
- Experience using animation tools such as Principle, and video editing tools such as After Effects.
Please submit a portfolio along with your application (resume).
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.